DuPont District Sales Manager-Doebler's in Buffalo, New York
District Sales Manager-Doebler's (Job Number: SAL00004034)
We have an opening for a District Sales Manager-Doebler's in western New York. This position is a member of the Doebler’s team, responsible for meeting sales & margin targets in a geographical area of responsibility. The Doebler’s DSM will drive additional demand and growth of Doebler’s products with customers and dealers. Furthermore the Doebler’s DSM will be responsible for Demand Planning and Territory Forecasting.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
· Identify customer and prospect opportunities and establish a plan to capitalize on these opportunities through direct sales in areas where there is no Dealer presence. Provide agronomic support and advice to growers and prospects.
· Pursues sales leads, set sales targets; visiting existing and new customers; assess customer needs and suggest appropriate products and services; respond to customer enquiries; and conclude sales orders to meet revenue targets
· Call on customers with Authorized Doebler’s Dealers and serve as a role model, teacher and coach to the dealers, demonstrating sales skills and customer responsiveness. Manage dealers performance through the establishment, communication and clarification of sales goals and expectations. Hold dealers accountable for meeting established performance standards.
· Recruit, select and retain a high-quality professional dealer body to meet customer and Company needs.
· Continually teach dealers new and better ways to meet the needs of the customer. Ensure that all dealers in the area have the necessary technical skills and information needed to meet expectations. Create an environment that fosters learning.
· Understand customer needs and provide feedback to organization on product performance, program effectiveness and competitive activity. Suggest improvements or alternative tactics to help achieve territory goals.
· Maintain a thorough agronomic and technical knowledge of Doebler’s products and services and trouble shoots some customer complaints and work to resolve them. Continually teach dealers new and better ways to meet the needs of the customer
· Refers sales leads, customer feedback, and information on competitor activity to appropriate contacts within the organization so that they can respond to changing market conditions and customer demands
Other Management Functions:
· Continue to develop professionally by remaining current with new technologies, management innovations and sales management developments.
· Complete an area business plan evaluating sales area focusing on sales opportunities and weaknesses. Analyze POS gaps and develop a plan to fill those gaps.
· Analyze, monitor and manage within set guidelines various sales tools, and seed supply.
· Continue to look for ways to create additional efficiencies within the Doebler’s system and leverage company resources.
· Set strategic goals for territory to grow business year over year. Evaluate your own territory and understand areas of growth and expansion to match Doebler’s growth strategies.
Education: Bachelor's degree in Agronomy, Business, Marketing preferred, will consider other degrees with related field sales experience.
Experience: 1-3 years experience in sales and sales management.
Demonstrated knowledge of:
· Selling methodology and technique.
· Marketing tools and techniques.
· Competitive product/service offerings; local agricultural markets; value chain and crop production practices.
· Environmental, regulatory, and stewardship requirements for the various technology products.
· Company policies and procedures.
Demonstrated skills in:
· Management of sales territory including supervision of personnel.
· Selling, negotiating, influencing, conflict resolution, handling objections and coaching.
· Using computer hardware software/intranet to generate reports, territory plans, inventory data, and complete administrative duties.
Demonstrated ability to:
· Build/maintain strong relationships with customers, key industry/market influencers, and teammates.
· Work effectively within a team environment.
· Lead and influence teams/projects and coach individuals in accomplishing defined objectives/goals.
· Understands the needs and values of partners and customers and to develop solutions to satisfy/retain.
· Get results by taking initiative, overcoming obstacles & finding creative solutions.
· Work independently with minimum supervision and operate within budget.
· Work in and adapt to a rapidly changing business environment.
Primary Location: NA-United States-New York-Buffalo
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Employee Status: Regular
Job Type: Experienced
DuPont is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class. If you need a reasonable accommodation to search or apply for a position, please visit our Accessibility Page for Contact Information. For US Applicants: See the “Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law” poster.