DuPont Postdoctoral Research Scientist – Molecular Plant Pathology in Johnston, Iowa
Postdoctoral Research Scientist – Molecular Plant Pathology (Job Number: RES00004061)
The Postdoctoral Research Scientist will serve as an integral member of a research team focused on disease resistance gene discovery and characterization in major crops. This role will involve conducting novel research activities towards disease assay development and understanding host-pathogen interactions to facilitate gene discovery and characterization efforts. We are looking for a highly motivated scientist with strong technical background, strong communication and interpersonal skills, and excellent problem solving abilities.
• Develop and implement assays as rapid predictors for disease resistance or susceptibility.
• Explore diverse approaches to understand the mechanism of resistance for previously identified genes.
• Provide scientific expertise and leadership to the projects. Work with team members to implement and achieve project goals.
• Communicate with relevant parties on project progress and recommendations. Summarize plans and progress in written reports and oral presentations.
• Remain current on new technologies through relevant literature and participation in professional meetings.
• Document inventions and discoveries by the team through regular lab notebook entries, patent filings and scientific publications.
• PhD in Molecular Plant Pathology, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology or related field
• Demonstrated strong understanding of host-pathogen interactions.
Extensive experiences in standard molecular biology and biochemistry techniques.
• Basic bioinformatics skills and ability to work with large datasets is advantageous
• Demonstrated skills in written and verbal communications, and interpersonal relationships.
• Must be self-motivated, with the ability to work both independently with minimal supervision and as a team member.
Primary Location: NA-United States-Iowa-Johnston
Education Level: Doctorate Degree (over 19 years)
Employee Status: Regular
Job Type: Experienced
DuPont is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class. If you need a reasonable accommodation to search or apply for a position, please visit our Accessibility Page for Contact Information. For US Applicants: See the “Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law” poster.