DuPont Quality Control Technician in Cape Town, South Africa
Quality Control Technician (Job Number: QUA00001343)
DuPont has a rich history of scientific discovery that has enabled countless innovations and today, we're looking for more people, in more places, to collaborate with us to make life the best that it can be.
The main role of the Quality Control Technician is to ensure that products produced in the plant are safe for human consumption and are of acceptable quality standards.
• Conduct basic tests in QC lab
• Perform Test bake QC tests
• Perform viscosity QC tests
• Conduct internal calibrations, and check weight results
• Assist in SAP results recording and releasing of materials
• Review of production sheets and weight deviations
• Assist with all SAP related quality transactions
• Assist with non-conformances including handling of rejected materials
• Release restricted material on SAP for rework use
• Manage retention samples
• Monitoring of cleaning efficacy in the production plant (for micro-organisms and allergens), feedback to production team
• Evaluate incoming raw materials
• Liaise with companies for external sample testing; follow ups, receiving and analyzing reports, results recordings, usage decisions and feedback to production team.
• Performing internal housekeeping audits, completing required documentation
• Conduct Internal Audits
• Assisting in solving the day to day trouble shootings within the laboratory
• Equipment and reagent management in QC laboratory
• Apply for Kosher and Halaal certification for locally produced materials
Responsibility and authority:
• Assist with quality related decisions in laboratory
Food Safety responsibility:
• Adhere to all Food Safety requirements in terms of Personnel practices and Hygiene
• Follow all handling, storage and processing instruction as per best practices to avoid contamination or deterioration of materials.
Operational safety requirements:
• Adhere to all safety instructions and signage
• Conduct all operations in a safe manner as per operational procedures
• Participate in all safety and emergency drills
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
Food Technology Qualification or B.Sc. Food Science
Computer literacy: Microsoft word, Excel, Power point presentation.
1 years experience in the Food Industry preferred
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
Good communication skills – written and spoken
Good organisational skills
Primary Location: EMEA-South Africa-Cape Town-Cape Town
Organization: Nutrition and Health
Education Level: Associate's Degree/College Diploma (±13 years)
Employee Status: Regular
Job Type: Experienced
DuPont is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class. If you need a reasonable accommodation to search or apply for a position, please visit our Accessibility Page for Contact Information. For US Applicants: See the “Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law” poster.