DuPont Area Manager in Circleville, Ohio
Area Manager (Job Number: 190481W-01)
The DuPont Transportation and Advanced Polymers (T&AP) platform is seeking an experienced candidate to serve as Operations Area Manager at the Circleville, Ohio site. The Area Manager position has accountability for production performance relating to the Circleville Vespel® resin unit. The Area Manager will be responsible for leading an organization of approximately 50 people in a high hazard production area. This position requires a multiple range of management and technical skills and a thorough understanding of plant systems, processes, policies and procedures.
As the pioneer of polymer science with a legacy of innovation, the T&AP team uses its world-class expertise across multiple polymer platforms to integrate cutting-edge science, design, manufacturing excellence, and processing technology to give shape to smarter ideas for today and tomorrow. The Vespel® business is a profitable, growing business servicing challenging applications in aerospace, chemicals, and a variety of industries. The Circleville site also manufactures Kapton® film, Tedlar® film, and Teflon® film.
The site is located approximately 30 miles south of Columbus, OH, a growing city that is currently the 15th largest in the nation. This proximity to Columbus allows either urban or rural living; great for families and single living. The area offers many museums and arts-scene experiences, professional and collegiate sports, and has several highly ranked golf courses and state parks for the outdoor enthusiast. See www.experiencecolumbus.com for additional information.
• Provides Felt Leadership on Core Value performance, including compliance to DuPont Standards, PSM standards, Environmental regulations, OSHA regulations and area/site SHE policies.
• Creates and maintains a respectful work environment and maintains DuPont’s core values around ethics.
• Develops and leads implementation of future state strategic direction for Operations.
• Provides leadership and daily direction for the area including daily production execution to plan.
• Provides functional guidance to support teams for meeting cost, yield and quality requirements.
• Works effectively with Maintenance Coordinator to accomplish safe execution of daily maintenance tasks and area shutdowns.
• Drives accountability in Line Organization.
• Sets high standards for Operational Discipline and leads the organization to drive incident investigations to root cause and completion in a timely manner.
• Coaches and develops direct reports and cultivates an atmosphere of learning and development in the broader Vespel® Team.
• Works collaboratively within the Vespel® organization, including downstream Vespel® Parts/Shapes plants to drive success toward End-to-End performance.
• Supports Circleville site improvement initiatives through leadership and participation on site teams.
• Education: Bachelor Degree in Engineering. Chemical Engineering is preferred.
• At least 5-10 years of industrial/manufacturing plant experience
• Demonstrated knowledge of the elements of Process Safety Management, including Higher Hazard Process experience
• Experience with safety systems including safety improvement processes, audits and developing safe behaviors
• Demonstrated ability to apply technical knowledge to diagnose, troubleshoot, solve or help others solve equipment and/or process issues
• Demonstrated knowledge and skills for coaching and developing others
• Demonstrated ability to function at both tactical and strategic levels
• Demonstrated effective communication skills
• Demonstrated understanding and commitment around operational discipline
• Demonstrated teambuilding and consensus building experience
• Demonstrated influential leadership skills in previous areas of responsibility
• Demonstrated personal behavior that models and drives accountability for maintaining DuPont Core Values
• Demonstrated experience in setting and maintaining data metrics to drive decision making and improvement
• Six Sigma Green Belt
Preferred Skills and Experience:
• Chemical manufacturing experience, including Line Leadership
• DPS Expert/Lean Management certification or Black Belt/DPS Lead Expert
• Experience in building higher performing empowered work teams
• Experience and background in Quality Systems
• Knowledge of DuPont and OSHA standards and regulations, including High Hazard Processes
• Geographic flexibility for development in future assignments
Primary Location: NA-United States-Ohio-Circleville
Organization: Transportation & Advanced Polymers
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Employee Status: Regular
Job Type: Experienced
DuPont is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class. If you need a reasonable accommodation to search or apply for a position, please visit our Accessibility Page for Contact Information. For US Applicants: See the “Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law” poster.