DuPont Marketing Manager for Dietary Supplement Industry, NAFTA in Madison, Wisconsin
Marketing Manager for Dietary Supplement Industry, NAFTA (Job Number: 194681W-01)
The Probiotics Business Unit is an exciting and rapidly growing business within DuPont’s Nutrition & Health portfolio with a track record of highly profitable growth. An energetic and results-driven marketing manager is needed to develop and execute growth strategies with a cross functional team that will enable increased market share and achievement of financial targets.
Key Objectives of Role:
The primary scope of this position is to provide marketing support for the DuPont Nutrition & Health Probiotics Business Unit by developing and executing regional industry strategies to deliver above market growth and optimized profit margins in the NAFTA Region.
Below are the primary responsibilities of this position:
Function as Regional Industry Team Leader, developing actionable regional Industry Plans – based upon Global Industry Plan guidelines - in support of the Global Product/Business Unit growth strategies.
Participate as active member of Dietary Supplement Global Industry Team.
Drive effective execution of Industry Plans in close collaboration with Sales, Applications, Product Line Management, Product Marketing, Global Industry Team and Communications.
Provide support to the sales team at the customer level on marketing related topics and strategic account plan development.
Build a deep understanding of the relevant industry dynamics, market performance, trends, drivers and unmet needs.
Obtain, analyze and interpret syndicated sales scanner data on customer brand performance, communicate key findings and business implications to key stakeholders in close liaison with Business Unit Probiotic Market Insight function
Working collaboratively with the Business Unit, providing region input for clear value propositions, product positioning, and messaging that differentiates products in the market.
Monitor industry statistics and provide analysis on market share, competitive dynamics, customer performance in the market, and business performance.
Coordinate and analyze primary and secondary consumer research in close liaison with Business Unit Probiotic Market Insight function, and communicate key findings and business implications to key stakeholders.
Build an excellent working relationship across Sales, Applications, Product Line Management, Global Marketing & Global Industry Team and Innovation resulting in highly effective coordinated marketing strategies.
Identify growth opportunities and develop initiatives to address.
Provide market intelligence and consumer insight through collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1) Knowledge of:
• Marketing theory, principles, and methods (e.g. product positioning, product architecture, SWOT analysis, competitive analysis, customer segmentation, market research, marketing mix, pricing, promotions, etc.)
• Value chain related to the business, including manufacturer, customer and consumer needs, issues and opportunities.
• Marketing & Business Planning Processes.
• Strong business acumen, analytical, problem solving, and project management skills.
• Experience from probiotic, supplement, consumer health care or pharma industry would be beneficial
2) Ability to:
• Develop and communicate vision for supported industry that aligns with overall DuPont Nutrition & Health goals.
• Work in multi-functional teams and engage/influence people across the business.
• Manage projects and collaborate with other organizational business units / cross-functional teams.
• Think strategically to anticipate trends and consequences and applies broad knowledge and perspectives to develop action plans.
• Communicate effectively and concisely with internal and external audiences of various levels of responsibility.
• Problem solve with a sense of urgency towards reaching resolution of issue or problem.
• Review primary and secondary market research data, identify implications, formulate strategies, and develop supporting tactics.
• Drive volume, revenue and profit increases (e.g. marketing programs, new product launches, etc.).
• Implement plans within established budget and timeline.
• Be an innovator, results driven and solid achiever.
3) Skill in:
• Communicating effectively – verbal and written.
• Organizing / planning, analyzing & interpreting data.
• Delivering impactful and effective presentations to a variety of audiences.
• Project management and managing cross functional teams.
• High proficiency with Excel and PowerPoint.
• Communications at all levels both in writing and verbally.
• Effectively utilizing marketing research tools (primary, secondary research – Quantitative /Qualitative).
• Interpret sensitivity analysis and related business risks or opportunities.
• Monitor and leverage key performance measures.
• Completing substantial projects on time and within stated constraints.
• Building long-term relationships with customers and stakeholders, maintaining a valuable network of contacts across business areas and managing complex external relationships for the benefit of the organization.
Bachelor’s degree or MBA in Business, Marketing, Finance or a related field
5-10 years relevant business experience with a business-related bachelor’s degree
2-4 years relevant business experience with an MBA
Travel 15-25%, customer visits, industry events, team meetings, etc.
- Consumer package goods experience
Primary Location: NA-United States-Wisconsin-Madison
Organization: Nutrition and Health
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Employee Status: Regular
Job Type: Experienced
DuPont is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class. If you need a reasonable accommodation to search or apply for a position, please visit our Accessibility Page for Contact Information. For US Applicants: See the “Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law” poster.