DuPont Research Associate - Agrônomo in Mato Grosso, Brazil
Research Associate - Agrônomo (Job Number: 196187W-01)
• Support Corteva predictive agriculture capabilities in Mato Grosso by field data collection and experimentation.
• Execute detailed experimental protocols to characterize agronomic management responses including, but not limited to, fertilization, planting dates, genetics, and plant population.
• Implement data collection protocols for environmental characterization of soils in the Mato Grosso region by using georeferenced soil sampling and proximal sensors.
• Deploy automatic weather stations and other sensors in research locations. Also, perform maintenance, functionally checks, and data download of currently deployed weather stations or other sensors.
• Perform plant phenotypic measurements to assist crop modeling efforts to predict agronomic management responses.
• Support all Sorriso Research Center wide goals and initiatives. Interact and assist other projects at the location as needed.
• Communicate regularly and openly with the team and supervisors about workflow and experiment status, especially when there are questions or problems.
• Ensure that all work is performed in a safe and efficient manner in accordance with experiment instructions, research protocols, company policies, and regulations.
• Bachelor’s degree in agronomy.
• Valid driver’s license is required.
• Minimum of 5 years of industry related experience is preferred.
• Ability to communicate in English is needed.
Knowledge, Skills, and Competencies:
• Being an independent, highly motivated, and self-directed person is required.
• Ability to strictly follow measurement or experimental protocols.
• Experience or familiarity with the Mato Grosso region is a plus.
• Ability to drive a truck with trailer for equipment transportation is required.
• The position involves a high amount of driving for regular visits to research locations.
• Ability to efficiently organize data collection tours over the region, and in a timely manner, is key.
Primary Location: Latin America-Brazil-Mato Grosso-Sorriso
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Employee Status: Regular
Job Type: Experienced
DuPont is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class. If you need a reasonable accommodation to search or apply for a position, please visit our Accessibility Page for Contact Information. For US Applicants: See the “Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law” poster.