DuPont Logistics Support in Mpumalanga, South Africa
Logistics Support (Job Number: RES00004208)
Want to make a difference in our world by meeting the challenges of feeding and powering a growing planet?
Enjoy a challenging and fulfilling career with an international employer. Pioneer Hi-Bred International has business operations in more than 90 countries, and is committed to increasing food production with high quality Pioneer brand products and agronomic knowledge that maximizes agricultural productivity. By combining conventional and advanced plant genetics, Pioneer is delivering solutions to help meet the needs of a growing population’s demand for agricultural seed.
The Africa Logistics Support position, supports the Africa Logistic lead to help in strategic planning for implementation, execution, and measurement of core strategic activities within the breeding regions or crops.
This strategic support and linkages for planning will include global research (including plant breeding) strategic initiatives within crops/regions as assigned by the logistics lead
• Phenotyping deployment efficiency and effectiveness and linkages with global RESTs
• End to End
• Seed Production Seed handling & inventory management – future automation
• Resource planning, breeding program and Multi-crop/Multi project resource utilization metrics
• Population Development
• Germplasm Security
• Project Reviews
• Regulated Testing
• Remain current on new technology by participating in professional meetings, career development activities and by encouraging others to bring information into research activities.
• May communicate with research leadership (i.e. Sr. Scientists, Research Fellows, EZ Leads, and/or Research Directors), business unit contacts, and/or external collaborators on progress of product opportunities and makes recommendations regarding research initiatives
• May serve on teams appropriate to cross project research initiatives.
• Promote a Culture that Demonstrates Core Values While Generating High Quality Results
• Masters Degree or Bachelor’s Degree with equivalent experience in Agriculture related field
• 5 -7 years’ experience in Research is required; experience in the seed industry is preferred.
• Demonstrated project planning/project management and above average spreadsheet skills are required
• Proven ability to make timely decisions, solve problems and build consensus.
• Excellent interpersonal/communication skills are required for fostering teamwork, enhancing a good working environment, and effectively developing strong working relationships with a diverse group of people
• Ability to work with and advise multiple tasks at one time is critical.
• As part of planning requirements – need to work with partners to look several months forward to anticipate labor needs, resource needs, space requirements, etc.
• High aptitude for learning.
• High workload with long hours and weekend work during seasonal peaks which may visits to field locations including overnight travel, sometimes for an extended period.
• Physical ability to lift 30 lbs, ability to work outside in all kinds of weather, ability to stand/sit for extended periods.
Primary Location: EMEA-South Africa-Mpumalanga-Delmas
Education Level: Master's Degree (±18 years)
Employee Status: Regular
Job Type: Experienced
DuPont is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class. If you need a reasonable accommodation to search or apply for a position, please visit our Accessibility Page for Contact Information. For US Applicants: See the “Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law” poster.