DuPont Research Investigator Toxicology (Mammalian Toxicology Study Director) in Newark, Delaware
Research Investigator Toxicology (Mammalian Toxicology Study Director) (Job Number: 193451W-01)
Corteva Agriscience TM , Agricultural division of DowDuPont TM is seeking a research toxicologist within the General Toxicology group at Haskell Global Center (HGC) for Health Sciences in Newark, Delaware. The successful candidate will provide proactive state-of-the-art technical leadership and direction for toxicology studies conducted internally or at contract research organizations to help ensure the safety of Corteva Agriscience products. The incumbent will provide expert toxicology and regulatory advice to business representatives.
The successful candidate will be innovative, independent, have good analytical skills, judgement, ethics and interpersonal skills, and the ability to network and work effectively within a matrixed environment.
· Serve as a Study Director for in vivo mammalian toxicology studies in a Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) environment.
· Evaluate Contract Research Organizations (CROs) and monitor external studies globally.
· Guide staff to ensure that technical procedures used for testing/research within the group are current and valid.
· Develop, implement and/or deliver results from emerging alternative toxicology testing strategies within mammalian toxicology.
· Implement appropriate methodologies to address specific discovery and developmental challenges of new chemical entities and their metabolites.
· Interface and interact with business colleagues to address issues in specific areas of expertise.
· Communicate and place into context study findings to business, scientific and regulatory audiences through oral presentations, written reports and manuscripts.
· Contribute to ensuring compliance with global regulatory requirements such as REACH and GHS.
· Represent the corporation and HGC on internal and external technical/scientific committees or task forces.
· Supervise and mentor technical staff scientists as appropriate to facilitate competency development.
· Ph.D. in toxicology or related biological science or DVM.
· Three or more years of Study Director experience in general toxicology with rodent and non-rodent test systems in a GLP environment.
· Strong proactive leadership capabilities that drive a high standard for interpersonal interactions, organizational skills, and positive team engagement
· Experience producing high quality technical reports and/or publications in the area of safety evaluation.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Experience with CRO evaluation and monitoring toxicology studies is desirable.
· Board certification (DABT) preferred.
Primary Location: NA-United States-Delaware-Newark
Education Level: Doctorate Degree (over 19 years)
Employee Status: Regular
Job Type: Experienced
DuPont is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class. If you need a reasonable accommodation to search or apply for a position, please visit our Accessibility Page for Contact Information. For US Applicants: See the “Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law” poster.