DuPont Improvement / Production Engineer in Orange, Texas
Improvement / Production Engineer (Job Number: 195202W-01)
The Improvement Engineer will execute improvement projects in support of the business' technology plan. The incumbent will become a key member of the plant team and contribute to a safe, efficient and reliable operation. The role will also provide plant level improvement project support by gathering data, evaluating improvement opportunities, developing the scope, and implementing improvement projects.
The improvement engineer leads the plant level improvement process by gathering and analyzing data, evaluating improvement opportunities, and implementing improvement projects. The improvement engineer assures plant level improvements align with the Plant Specific Technology Plan, thereby closing local performance gaps and increasing Asset Capability (AC). The improvement engineer provides plant level improvement project support, which may include fulfilling roles in the global project execution work process (ex. Global Project Methodology (Global Project Methodology), Six Sigma, etc.).
● Assisting the Improvement Leader in identifying key measures using plant performance data analysis
● Partnering with plant operation personnel to secure process data for identification of technology gaps, improvement opportunities, and project definitions
● Coaching plant personnel on measurements and daily updates of technology performance/ asset utilization data
● Identifying plant improvements that are aligned to the Global and Plant Specific Technology Plan objectives
● Validating improvement opportunities using global tools and assists in building the Plant Specific Technology Plan
● Assisting the Improvement Leader to ensure implementation of Business-supported projects as identified in the Plant Specific Technology Plan
● Assisting the Improvement Leader in collection and analysis of improvement project results data
● Providing technical plant support in specialized areas including process simulation, modeling, risk analysis, and process optimization
● Assisting in managing Asset Utilization and project budgets
● Providing data to validate that projects deliver performance objectives after implementation
A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Engineering is required.
At least 3 years of chemical industry experience.
● Six Sigma Project Leader certification
● Technical knowledge of the physical, chemical, and work processes involved in achieving business objectives
Primary Location: NA-United States-Texas-Orange
Organization: Transportation & Advanced Polymers
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Employee Status: Regular
Job Type: Experienced
DuPont is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class. If you need a reasonable accommodation to search or apply for a position, please visit our Accessibility Page for Contact Information. For US Applicants: See the “Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law” poster.