DuPont Lead Scheduler- Design & Construction in Orange, Texas
Lead Scheduler- Design & Construction (Job Number: 191488W-01)
The Dow Chemical Company's Global Project Controls Department has exciting and challenging opportunities for
a Project Scheduler located in Houston, TX. Our Project Scheduling Specialists provides comprehensive scheduling
services to support cost effective project execution.
Serves as Schedule Management subject matter expert.
Promotes discipline knowledge exchange and quality application through technical coaching.
Contributes to improvement of Schedule Management Work Process and leveraging of learning experiences.
Supports the implementation of Most Effective Technology (MET).
Develops schedule management plans for project plans for management and control.
Provides recommendations on cycle time reduction opportunities and techniques as applied to scheduling.
Develops conceptual schedules to evaluate various alternates or anticipated schedule challenges.
Develops and maintains comprehensive integrated master project schedules including Front-end Loading, Detail Design,
Procurement, Construction and Start-up/Commissioning Project Stages.
- Maintains schedule during the project life cycle monitoring progress and incorporating modifications where changes in
the original scope occur or delays are encountered.
- Utilizes project cost estimates to resource load project schedules and gain alignment with estimated scope of work and
the project schedule.
- Performs staffing density checks or staffing limitation checks to validate schedule durations and ensures resourceleveling
supports the project strategy.
- Leads project teams in forecasting schedule challenges and offers analyses and solutions to complete the project on
- Performs critical path analysis to determine problem areas in regards to project schedule and resource overloads and
offers alternative courses of action to the project team.
Evaluates project deviations to assess schedule impact for proper decision making and recovery plans.
Works with cost management to gain alignment when forecasting schedule completion dates.
Applies established schedule management practices to ascertain critical schedule issues and recommend corrective
- Defines comprehensive Schedule Management solutions for capital and expense projects.
2 or more years of project scheduling experience is required.
Prior experience with Primavera or equivalent scheduling software is required
Strong facilitation skills and ability to work in a multi-disciplinary environment/team is required.
Prior experience with large capital projects, design, and/or construction is required.
A minimum requirement for this U.S. based position is the ability to work legally in the United States. No visa
sponsorship/support is available for this position, including for any type of U.S. permanent residency (green card)
- Chemical, Petrochemical, Oil and Gas or Energy industry experience is preferred.
Bachelors degree is required.
Construction Management or Industrial Engineering is preferred.
Primary Location: NA-United States-Texas-Orange
Organization: Transportation & Advanced Polymers
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Employee Status: Regular
Job Type: Experienced
DuPont is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class. If you need a reasonable accommodation to search or apply for a position, please visit our Accessibility Page for Contact Information. For US Applicants: See the “Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law” poster.