DuPont Technical Specialist for Protective Gloves in DuPont Personal Protection in Richmond, Virginia
Technical Specialist for Protective Gloves in DuPont Personal Protection (Job Number: 198108W-01)
DuPont Safety & Construction is a $5B global business that provides a range of products and solutions to protect people, property and processes and is the home of well-known brands, such as Tyvek®, Kevlar®, Nomex®, Styrofoam®, and Corian®. As part of our growth plan in Tyvek®, we seek a technical specialist who can develop protective gloves for personal protection and provide technical support to global teams.
DuPont offers an excellent benefits package that begins on your first day of employment. This includes a generous 401k match, health and dental insurance, 15 days of vacation, a variable bonus plan, and much more!
The responsibilities of this position include:
• Review and approve technical data and contents for product launch, external presentations or publications.
• Develop technical content for DuPont literature, white papers, webinars, digital sales tools, e-marketing, presentations, etc.
• Provide consultation to technical queries from internal and external stakeholders.
• Analyze competitive solutions, identify emerging competitive technology, and develop appropriate solutions to respond.
• Lead new product development for protective gloves by selecting partners and working with them to develop new glove solution based on market needs to fill gap in DuPont glove portfolio.
• Develop a deep understanding of protective gloves relevant standards, represent DuPont in standard committees and influential industry associations.
• Participate in developing strategies to grow DuPont protective gloves business.
• Monitor competitive IP activities with strategic response plan. Ensure IP is appropriately managed and defended for protective gloves.
• Serve as a trainer/mentor to the technical organization, building fundamental expertise in the application development area, especially to less experienced team members.
Minimum Job Qualifications
• Bachelor or above degree in polymer science, material science, chemistry, chemical engineering, or relevant disciplines.
• Knowledge and experience in developing chemical protective gloves is required, experience in clean room gloves and multi hazard gloves is a plus.
• Demonstrated capability of communicating with customers and presenting in external conferences is preferred.
• Innovative, analytical, and strategic thinking.
• Excellent communication, networking, coaching and influential skills.
• Willingness to travel min 30%, including global travels.
• Fluent in English, any additional language is a plus.
Primary Location: NA-United States-Virginia-Richmond
Organization: Safety & Construction
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Employee Status: Regular
Job Type: Experienced
DuPont is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class. If you need a reasonable accommodation to search or apply for a position, please visit our Accessibility Page for Contact Information. For US Applicants: See the “Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law” poster.