DuPont Data Scientist in Telangana, India
Data Scientist (Job Number: 191399W-00)
Top of Form
DuPont Pioneer is the world leader in the plant biotechnology area including the discovery, development and delivery of elite crop genetics.
Data Science and Machine Learning is now being described as the “ Fourth Paradigm ” for scientific discovery providing important insights from data and helping in making hypothesis leading to a new scientific theory. The earlier Edisonian approach to innovation characterized by trial-and-error is currently being replaced by data-driven approaches. The research that is involved in the agriculture sector is no different and this paradigm shift is being embraced in the different value chains. The Indian Government think tank National Institution of Transforming India (NITI) Aayog has drawn an exhaustive plan in doubling the farmers’ income in the next few years, and digital agriculture has the potential to drive us towards this target.
We are currently seeking a Data Scientist at the DuPont Knowledge Center in Hyderabad, India for our global Data Science and Informatics group. The hiring level will be commensurate with the level of experience.
As a Data Scientist of this group, you will be closely working with subject matter experts who are plant breeding scientists, farmers and producers, molecular biologists, imaging scientists and commercial teams in building and deploying machine learning models in various areas such as satellite imaging, drone based crop protection, predictive agriculture, and precision decision making.
We are seeking individuals who have aptitude for research and have worked on analyzing time-series data from a variety of connected sensors (IoT) and data from different imaging formats, and who have proven innovation skills in their respective fields.
· The interested candidate should have either a fresh Ph.D. or a Master’s degree (with demonstrated relevant experience in the industry) in Computer Science/Electrical Engineering/Applied Mathematics/Statistics or a related field.
· The candidate must have strong programming experience in Python with focus on visualization and deployment, and experience in R is preferable but not mandatory.
· Prior experience in applying Machine Learning on time-series analysis or on satellite images is desirable
· Experience working with open source libraries and toolkits such as SciPy, SciKit-Learn, TensorFlow, Torch, Theano, OpenCV, Caffe.
· Practical cloud computing experience with AWS technologies and experience in high performance and data intensive platforms
· Strong verbal and written communication skills, especially in presenting the analyzed work to stakeholders.
· The data scientist will be the primary focal point of the team for the projects and will take in inputs from the stakeholders with all the uncertainties associated with it to build prototypes and deploy solutions to bring value to the organization
· Develop workflows to process data and develop models for a problem, and ensure that such workflows and learnt models are transferrable to other problems that are similar in nature
· Excellent credentials in working as a team or self-motivated individual contributor willing to collaborate with colleagues locally and globally.
· May lead small to mid-size analysis projects and help scope and plan for larger projects.
W We are excited to announce that Corteva Agriscience™ is the name of the new Agriculture Division of DowDuPont™. We are bringing together DuPont Crop Protection, DuPont Pioneer and Dow AgroSciences to create a market-shaping, standalone agriculture company with leading positions in seed technologies, crop protection and digital agriculture. We will work across the global agriculture value chain to create a more efficient food system.
At Corteva Agriscience™, we seek to enrich the lives of those who produce and those who consume. This means we will help rejuvenate the agricultural ecosystem to support people and the planet and to ensure progress for generations to come.
Primary Location: APAC-India-Telangana-Hyderabad
Education Level: Doctorate Degree (over 19 years)
Employee Status: Regular
Job Type: Experienced
DuPont is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class. If you need a reasonable accommodation to search or apply for a position, please visit our Accessibility Page for Contact Information. For US Applicants: See the “Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law” poster.