DuPont Sr. Automation Engineer in Telangana, India
Sr. Automation Engineer (Job Number: 194081W-01)
DuPont Pioneer, a leader in plant biotechnology, is seeking an innovative and highly motivated individual to join our Research Automation and Engineering team as an Automation Engineer dedicated to the development, implementation, commissioning, validation and support of automation-based solutions. Automation based solutions will vary from the identification and implementation of off-the-shelf solutions to novel custom engineered solutions.
The ability to think in a novel way, identify value added projects and propose solutions, concept, design, development, integrate and support novel machines and instruments, automated processes and other enabling technologies is required. The qualified candidate would work in close partnership with members of our scientific and engineering community, in a team environment, to deliver business impactful engineered solutions.
An ideal candidate for this role will be expected to demonstrate technical expertise and leadership in the execution of the following key objectives:
· Identify critical needs, technical requirements, and implement new and existing solutions that measurably improve productivity, quality, and safety of research activities.
· Work closely with fellow engineers and scientists to prioritize work while managing multiple tasks with changing priorities, develop and deliver well documented internal automation solutions to laboratories, controlled greenhouse environments and field locations.
· Apply engineering principles, develop user requirements, specify and purchase components, develop electrical schematics, troubleshoot electromechanical systems.
· Utilize SolidWorks/AutoCAD CAD software to design and document engineering solutions.
· Develop and assemble proof of concept and prototype devices/instruments, electrical panels, etc. within a hands-on setting utilizing shop tools and equipment.
· Deliver, document and test new and existing engineered solutions as necessary.
· Additionally, the ability to develop PLC programs, HMI layouts, vision analysis programs and control schemes and work with robotics for electromechanical solutions is highly desired.
The following requirements are required for consideration in this position:
· B. Tech/M. Tech in Electrical, Instrumentation or Mechanical with 4 to 6-year of work experience.
· Strong background and experience in either electro/mechanical engineering/design, development and troubleshooting OR strong background and experience in controls engineering/PLC’s. Some proven experience required in both.
The following requirements preferred for consideration in this position:
· Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Instrumentation & Process Control engineering concepts and design including circuits, control systems, as well as a general knowledge of mechanical equipment and systems.
· Knowledge of various interfacing technologies such as Ethernet, Modbus, OPC, DeviceNet, etc.
· Demonstrated knowledge of instrumentation systems and electrical infrastructure.
· Ability to apply process improvement concepts such as Six Sigma and Lean to deliver sustained solutions.
· Hands on experience in preparation of estimations, BoM and selection of elements
· Proven experience in designing instruments through modeling parts and assemblies within SolidWorks or similar 3D CAD software and documenting Electrical/Pneumatic schematics in AutoCAD.
· Proven experience developing and troubleshooting programs in PLC software (Beckhoff or similar) and leveraging the .net programing framework for HMI’s, vision analysis, etc. is highly desired
· Proven experience in a hands-on setting developing, assembling and testing electromechanical solutions.
· Understanding of Biotechnology, Biology, Plant Breeding, Agronomy, etc. is valuable
In addition to the technical skills required, individuals must be self-motivated, have demonstrated personal initiative, have excellent interpersonal and organization skills, and have proven the ability to work in a team environment within a large, diverse organization.
Primary Location: APAC-India-Telangana-Medak District
Education Level: Master's Degree (±18 years)
Employee Status: Regular
Job Type: Entry Level
DuPont is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class. If you need a reasonable accommodation to search or apply for a position, please visit our Accessibility Page for Contact Information. For US Applicants: See the “Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law” poster.