DuPont Electrician and Instrumentation Technician in Valdosta, Georgia
Electrician and Instrumentation Technician (Job Number: 192367W-01)
Corteva Agriscience™, Agriculture Division of DowDuPont™ is a global Fortune 100 company, operating in 70 countries today. We are looking for people who have a passion for delivering innovative, sustainable solutions that meet our customer needs for a better, healthier, safer life. The Valdosta, GA Plant has an immediate opening for an Electrician and Instrumentation Technician.
Corteva Agriscience™,Agriculture Division of DowDuPont™ offers an exciting place to work where thousands of innovations are introduced every year. You will have opportunities for growth through involvement in various dynamic industries from high-tech to high-performance; including agriculture, nutrition, electronics, communications, safety and protection, home and construction, transportation, and apparel. At Corteva Agriscience™, Agriculture Division of DowDuPont™ you will find sustainability in our vision, our business and your future. If you want to work on the leading edge of your field and have a desire to make a difference, join us and discover The miracles of science. We offer an excellent benefits package that begins on your first day of employment. This includes a generous 401k match, health and dental insurance, 15 days of vacation, a variable bonus plan, and much more!
In this role, you will provide maintenance support to instrumentation and electrical equipment/systems at Corteva Agriscience™, Agriculture Division of DowDuPont™ Valdosta Manufacturing site including installation, troubleshooting and repair, preventative and predictive maintenance, and documentation integrity of our equipment/systems in a way that maximizes equipment reliability and unit uptime.
The position duties include, but are not limited to the following:
· Maintain and repair E&I equipment in assigned area in a safe and orderly manner in order to have a reliable operating unit.
· Provide daily support to operations in the E&I maintenance areas in order to make necessary repairs.
· Document and maintain equipment history in order to replace unreliable equipment.
· Perform calibration and repairs on all types of instrumentation, pneumatic and electronic in order to have a safe and reliable operating unit.
· Perform routine maintenance on 480 VAC motor starters and switchgear in order to prevent unplanned power outages.
· Perform routine maintenance on 120 VAC and 24 V DC equipment control in order to prevent unplanned equipment downtime.
· Knowledge of and use of electrical test equipment, volt, OHM, amp-meters in order to test and calibrate electrical equipment.
· Perform troubleshooting on series and parallel circuits, pertaining to lighting circuits, control circuits, and interlock circuits in order to make necessary maintenance repairs.
· Perform calibration on various types of switches and instrumentation (pressure, temperature, and flow) in order to maintain a safe operating unit.
· Perform routine installation of conduit and instrument tubing, including conduit and tubing bending and proper installation of fittings in order to make instrumentation installations.
· Perform basic maintenance and troubleshooting on automated control systems (PLC/DCS) in order to maintain a safe operating unit.
· Assist in managing the site instrumentation and electrical technical documentation to ensure equipment designs, technical drawings, and process changes are documented and current.
· Assist with Quality Improvement Projects in order to facilitate continuous improvement.
Thefollowing are required:
· 2 year degree in Electrical Systems Technology with a minimum of 2 years working as Electrical or Instrumentation Technician OR a High School diploma/GED with 5 years of hands-on experience working as an Electrical & Instrumentation technician or equivalent role.
· Knowledge & experience working with 480 volts 3 Phase electrical system and components.
· Knowledge & experience working with control valves.
· Knowledge & experience working with electronic transmitters.
· Demonstrated ability to perform basic technical math skills.
· Demonstrated ability to read and understand process and instrument drawings, loop sheets, one line diagrams, ladder diagrams and schematics.
· Demonstrated communication skills, both written and oral.
· Demonstrated problem solving skills and ability to deal with multiple tasks at a time.
· Demonstrated knowledge of National Electrical Code and power distribution systems, troubleshooting and repair of 480 VAC motor control system.
· Demonstrated knowledge of DCS/PLC; calibration and routine maintenance on all types of instrumentation, pneumatic, electronic and analytical equipment.
· Demonstrated ability to walk, stand, ascend and descend stairs and ladders, use hand tools, reach with hands and arms and lift objects up to 50 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation.
· Willingness and ability to work shift work and overtime when needed.
· Demonstrated use of electrical test equipment.
Thefollowing are preferred:
60college credit hours in Electrician Courses or Journeyman's Certificate orNational Center for Construction Education & Research (NCCER)Certificate.
GeorgiaElectrical Contractor Class II license.
We are excited to announce that Corteva Agriscience™ is the name of the new Agriculture Division of DowDuPont™. We are bringing together DuPont Crop Protection, DuPont Pioneer and Dow AgroSciences to create a market-shaping, standalone agriculture company with leading positions in seed technologies, crop protection and digital agriculture. We will work across the global agriculture value chain to create a more efficient food system.
At Corteva Agriscience™, we seek to enrich the lives of those who produce and those who consume. This means we will help rejuvenate the agricultural ecosystem to support people and the planet and to ensure progress for generations to come.
Primary Location: NA-United States-Georgia-Valdosta
Organization: Crop Protection
Education Level: High School Diploma/GED (±11 years)
Employee Status: Regular
Job Type: Entry Level
DuPont is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class. If you need a reasonable accommodation to search or apply for a position, please visit our Accessibility Page for Contact Information. For US Applicants: See the “Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law” poster.