DuPont Sr. Accountant - Accounts Payable in Wilmington, Delaware
Sr. Accountant - Accounts Payable (Job Number: 195510W-07)
Dow and DuPont combined in a merger of equals with the intent to separate into three independent, publicly traded companies in Agriculture, Materials Science and Specialty Products. Each company will have its own clear focus, scale advantages, and an enhanced ability to deliver superior solutions and choices to customers. The heritage DuPont company is hiring qualified professionals to take on new Finance activities in order to support the business realignment and enable independent operability. As we are still in the process of starting up the independent companies, at this time, hiring will be aligned to the heritage companies versus alignment to the intended spins.
The DuPont Company has an opening for an Accounts Payable Analyst located in Wilmington, DE. The Accounts Payable Analyst is responsible to ensure accounting activity recorded within the company's records and books are accurate and complete. In addition, this role is expected to adhere to the company's accounting policy and practices as well as the country Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
The Accounts Payable (APAY) Analyst provides disbursements analysis and reporting support for the regional operations. The individual in this role provides complex analytics and reporting support for compliance and exceptions management purposes. S/he will work with the Regional Team Leader and the Accounts Payable Functional Process Owner to provide improvement areas of focus. S/he will support initiative within region to drive standardization. Work with 3rd party managed services and support issue resolution.
The individual in this role will work independently to accomplish his/her own assigned workload and collaboratively with other members of his/ her Accounts Payable or cross functional team in compliance with the approved Procure to Pay process standards at the agreed service levels.
· Drives analytics to support disbursements analytics; monthly, quarterly, annual close activities.
· Provides analyses and insight to resolve Level III exception escalations from 3rd party managed services teams.
· Develops, coaches, and mentors specialists to perform root cause analyses and business process improvement activities to eliminate the root cause of escalations and exceptions.
· Develops and delivers robust reporting and analytics to support fact based decision making.
· Support metrics data capture, analysis and reporting to support performance scorecard, Mutual Service Agreement and Service Level Agreement Reporting
· Assists in the development and maintenance of disbursements process standards and procedures.
· Works closely with the Regional Accounts Payable Team Lead and Global Functional Process Owner to proactively identify analytics and reporting needs, and assist in the development and implementation of continuous improvement initiatives
· Assists with Strategic Supporting activities to drive long term success.
BS, BA, or country equivalent degree required, specialization in Accounting preferred.
3+ years Accounts Payable or Controllership experience preferred, 2-2+ years of those in compliance preferred
Ability to manage day to day activities and project work
Ability to transform data into meaningful and actionable insights
Excellent collaborator with demonstrated capability to partner with other business functions and internal stakeholders
Strong communication skills (oral, written and listening, facilitation)
Expertise in excel required, experienced with reporting and data base tools (such as Tableau), preferred
Experience with SAP ECC, ARIBA, and other enterprise systems, a plus
*This position will require travel during the first 3 months for training in Bay City, MI*
Primary Location: NA-United States-Delaware-Wilmington
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Employee Status: Regular
Job Type: Entry Level
DuPont is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class. If you need a reasonable accommodation to search or apply for a position, please visit our Accessibility Page for Contact Information. For US Applicants: See the “Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law” poster.